Together for Children is a coalition focused on driving collective impact. Together for Children does not provide direct services. It is intended to align work at the neighborhood and countywide levels; define and secure supports for collective priorities; and measure mutual progress.
Together for Children’s long-term, preventative approach for addressing the root causes of youth violence incorporates the priorities and action items through actionable neighborhood work plans.
Priority #1 - Strengthening Families
● Increase caregiver awareness of neighborhood resources and services for children and families
● Increase caregiver engagement and involvement in quality family activities
● Increase primary caregiver engagement and involvement in activities related to their child’s educational needs
● Develop parent outreach and service coordination model
● Develop parent leadership and advocacy training programs
Priority #2 - Empowering Youth
● Increase equitable access to high-quality, out-of-school enrichment activities and afterschool programs for youth, ensuring prioritization of academic success and literacy
● Increase youth internships and employment opportunities
● Implement high quality mentoring programs
● Increase quality early learning opportunities for children ages 0-5
Priority #3 - Protecting Youth
● Support increased attendance and positive behaviors in youth
● Provide coordinated, wraparound support for our most vulnerable youth